- Patriots’ offense opened with the intent to run the ball. Succeeded in gashing with RB Ridley.
- S Goldson was essentially lining up as an extra LB, leaving S Barron in single high coverage.
- DT Spence flashed at times, showing strength and power on the inside.
- Tampa got very little pass rush off the edge. LT Solder played very well but DE Clayborn gave him all that he could handle in pass blocking.
- Patriots seem to be targeting CB Johnson and it’s working.
- TB 1st play from scrimmage – Miscommunication between QB & RB. QB went to play fake while RB went to block and they almost ran into each other.
- RB Blount lowered his shoulder and hit someone, something he didn’t do in Tampa. NE coaching seems to be working.
- RB Blount showing his typical patience and ability to find holes and break tackles.
- NE is getting incredible matchups – Backup LB Goode 1-on-1 in coverage vs. WR Amendola is a win for the Patriots every time.
- Freeman seems confused on coverages. NE playing more man than normal. Doesn’t have much time to throw but when he does he’s holding the ball too long.
- RT Dotson having trouble with DE Ninkovich. Ninkovich is winning with speed but also getting leverage against the 6-5 Dotson and pushing him into Freeman’s lap at times.
- The Bucs seem unprepared on both sides of the ball. Each unit looks lost in its adjustments and duties.
- Tampa is having protection call issues. Multiple times TE Stocker has been left to block DE Jones 1-on-1. I can’t imagine that’s by design. Need to figure that out and make necessary adjustments.
- NE QB Mallett incredibly inaccurate on his first drive.
- Backup (3rd string) RB Mike James looks good. He’s finding good holes and seems a capable compliment to RB Doug Martin. James is slippery with good speed and takes good angles in space.
- QB Glennon looks much like he did in college – he’s prone to being streaky and will check down quickly if he’s not comfortable.
- QB Mallett settled in nicely on his 2nd drive. He led a beautiful drive with a great TD throw to TE Sudfeld over the middle.
- Patriots’ RB Vereen can do it all – runs well between the tackles, speed to get to the edge, tremendous receiver, and holds up well in pass blocking.
- I have a feeling QB Glennon will be as maddening as Freeman. Comes up with some remarkable throws and then unleashes a wild throw that leaves me asking, “What was that?”
- WR Ogletree made a couple tough catches. Showed ability to work the middle of the field as well as the sideline.
- nesta on About
- Undor on About
- New York Jets Flight Connections 1-20-14 - Sports on The Relationship of Coaching, Players, and Winning in the NFL
- New York Jets Flight Connections 1-20-14 - Sports News Extra on The Relationship of Coaching, Players, and Winning in the NFL
- New York Jets Flight Connections 1-20-14 | Sports Discovery on The Relationship of Coaching, Players, and Winning in the NFL